Marcus is passionate about ensuring that everyone knows how they contribute to individual and team success, whatever that may look like and this comes through in the form of his consistent messaging around providing context, testing assumptions and seeking first to understand.
Here are some golden nuggets I gleaned from our conversation:-
- More than your clients, it’s important to understand what your clients’ clients need
- I don’t know what everybody does to the same degree that they do – this is why enablement is so important
- What to do when people look at you expecting you to tell them what to do!
- Give people a WHY – help them understand the context in which they operate
- Test assumptions – it’s not fair to expect people to operate at a certain level – ask questions – seek first to understand
- How to slow down your thinking and learn to appreciate silence as a leader
- How as a leader you can use silence to everyone’s advantage
- PWC’s higher Apprenticeship program
- Accountability breeds empowerment
- As a leader, own your problems and issues
Book – L David Marquet – Turn the Ship around – A true story of building leaders by breaking the rules
You can connect with Marcus here on LinkedIn