Meet Nicky Mih, former adventurer, school teacher, coach and founder of Free to Shine, a child protection organisation that prevents school-aged girls being trafficked into the commercial sex industry in Cambodia.
In this uplifting conversation filled with positivity and hope, Nicky shares her journey from volunteering to leading an organisation that has helped 753 girls (to date) from rural villages in Cambodia to get an education and be protected from sex slavery.
Some golden nuggets from our conversation include:-
- The single most important coaching question that made Nicky step up to a challenge of epic proportions
- How Nicky didn’t start to plan a charity
- How this wasn’t really Nicky’s vision! Be careful what you ask for, sometimes more specificity is needed.
- How to manifest a vision with zero idea of what to do or where to start
- The ‘working from 3 steps ahead’ leadership philosophy
- Navigating cultural differences, specifically the concept of fairness
- The role of both logic and emotion in collaborative decision-making
- Surrounding yourself with a team of experts
- The essential role of self-care in leadership
- How Nicky is measuring her vision
- We’re not just educating – we’re creating the female village leaders of tomorrow
Nicky’s amazing book, jam packed with leadership lessons, ‘Do what Matters’ can be purchased by clicking here and you can connect with Nicky on LinkedIn here and she speaks regularly at conferences and leadership events.
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would to contribute to our mission, however small, please head to https://ko-fi.com/brainsmart to donate – thank you!