What’s the difference between being included and FEELING included?
To what extent do you go out of your way to learn about things that are naturally very different from your norm?
My conversation with Joanne Lockwood was enlightening to say the least. From the get go Joanne is real and raw about the type of leader she was ‘in a former life’ and how her focus on inclusive leadership did a 180 degree about turn.
In this podcast explore:-
- Why belonging is as important as inclusion
- How a life-changing event can get you to question who you are
- What inclusion is and isn’t and simple strategies leaders can implement to build inclusive workplace cultures
- Understanding privilege and what we can do to build a deeper understanding in teams – ‘check your privilege’
- How difficult it can be for small to medium businesses to understand conscious inclusion and what to do about it
- The graffiti artist story
- Why an open door policy is NOT inclusive
If you’d like to connect with Joanne please click here