Episode 35 of the Rawthentic Leadership Podcast is a conversation of both depth and with wisdom on the topic of service in leadership and with local government Councillor Sue Baker.
Sue shares how she transitioned from a career in learning and development to representing the City of Frankston in local Government and how she drew on her years of experience in hospitality and training to serve her constituents in the very ways possible.
Here are some highlights from our insightful conversation:-
- How Sue’s eclectic career shaped her attitude and passion for service
- The importance of alignment between an organisation’s external focus on service and their leadership culture
- A pivotal moment in understanding the value of culture and people
- The story of how Sue came to stand for election and how she applied creativity and innovation in a challenging time to create a unique campaign strategy
- Essential key attributes of servant leadership and how to serve when you have 142,000 customers to serve!
- Understanding the process of deliberative engagement with the community
- The consultative continuum – from informing to co-design
- The importance of self-care when leading with the spirit to serve
- The rewards and challenges of taking a service in leadership role
- A wonderful metaphor for authentic leadership
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 4 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential so if you enjoy the podcast, please head over to Apple podcasts and give us a rating and review or if Spotify is your platform of Choice please follow us – thank you!
Please also subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you