Today I bring you an exceptionally practical and often funny conversation with Charlie Lawson, a networking and promotion expert with a twist.
This podcast is not just for leaders, it’s for everyone in business. We redefine and reframe networking, ditching its negative stereotype and Charlie then fires nugget after nugget of practical tips for anyone wanting to build meaningful business relationships.
Here are some highlights from our conversation:-
• A definition of networking that busts the stereotypical view
• How networking is like a fishing net!
• Why networking is still relevant to leaders in corporate business
• Expanding the scope of networking
• My favourite opening question when networking and Charlie’s support story and outcome
• The power of facilitating introductions
• Charlie reveals the truth about networking for him
• The role of introversion and extraversion when it comes to networking
• One of Charlie’s first speaking experiences
• Practical tips for those for whom networking isn’t their favourite pastime!
• How the world of networking has changed post the pandemic era
• Practical tips and a process for the forgotten gem of networking – the follow up
• How to find out how good a networker you are
#networking #connection #relationshipbuilding #podcasting #rawthenticleadership
You can connect with Charlie here on LinkedIn
How good a networker are you? Questionnaire
Is networking just schmoozing? Vlog
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 4 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential so if you enjoy the podcast, please head over to Apple podcasts and give us a rating and review or if Spotify is your platform of Choice please follow us – thank you!
Please also subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you