Today I bring you a highly upbeat and practical conversation with Nikki Beaumont, CEO and Founder of recruitment specialists Beaumont People. The topic of conversation is ‘Leading People before Profit’ and how a ‘Placing People First’ culture creates both the business and people success.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
• The ‘must keeps’ and ‘let go ofs’ when creating a recruitment company from scratch
• Tough decisions in tough times
• The challenges of sticking to a ‘placing people first’ policy in difficult times
• Turning the support tables in the pandemic
• How the 4 day work week came about and what (or rather who) influenced Nikki to make the change early in 2020
• Beaumont People’s gender neutral parental leave scheme
• The elements of company culture that make the policies work
• The importance of measuring outcomes and conditions requires to focus on outcomes over hours worked
• Sound advice on where to start
• How Nikki and team landed the best place to work and moved up 7 places in a year!
The Beaumont People website is here
Nikki and the team have saved over 320 charities more than $30 million in recruitment fees. Read about it here
The meaningful work profile tool that Nikki mentioned can be accessed here
Nikki and Beaumont people feature in a number of books and publications
Let’s Talk Culture – Shane Michael Hatton
For Love & Money – Carolyn Butler Madden
Breaking the Gender Code – Danielle Dobson
You can connect directly with Nikki on LinkedIn here
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 6 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you!