Meet Yvonne and Alex Kelly – Founders of Glow Up Careers, an award winning Social Enterprise and one I am proud to be a part of. Our topic in conversation is Leading for Social Good and it was a conversation I found inspiring, uplifting and of significant importance for 21st Century leadership.
Theirs is a mission is to empower everyone to have the career of their dreams no matter who they are or where they are from, and they are equally passionate about diversity and inclusion in action with their current focus being on refugees.
I really can’t do justice to this podcast in listing topics that we covered but just to whet your whistle:-
- The moving story of how Yvonne and Alex came to create Glow Up
- The power of reflection and a key revelation about refugees
- Changing the culture of recruitment
- The role of diversity and inclusion in hiring
- The invisible and untapped potential waiting and wanting to work
- How Glow Up is contributing to the UN’s sustainable development goals
- The role of social good in attracting talent
- A challenge to companies that stick to strict hiring criteria
- The lightbulb moment around career coach accreditation
- Start up challenges – real tales from the trenches
- How brands have thrived as a result of social good (and the cost of paying lip service)
- Why advocacy is paramount for hiring refugees and the many misconceptions that exist
- How the pandemic helped with Glow Up’s strategy
- The future of Glow Up – expanding the cohorts in their community
- Issues of overseas skills and qualification recognition in Australia
You can connect with Yvonne here
You can connect with Alex here
Australian Employer Network for Refugee Inclusion
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 8 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please head to https://ko-fi.com/brainsmart to donate – thank you!