Today I bring you a conversation jam-packed with golden nuggets from Andrew Butow, CEO and co-founder Change Leadership consultancy Earth to Mars. Our topic of conversation is ‘Leading Successful Change’ and covers so many aspects of change ranging from inclusion through to the role of technology and Human Centred Design.
Our conversation begins with Andrew sharing how his growing up in South Africa shaped his whole philosophy on change and a warning – if you don’t like space-based puns – cover your ears!
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
- How Earth2Mars came to be named
- How Andrew’s growing up in South Africa influenced his approach to change
- The power of a unified and clear vision for change
- Why Elon Musk is a leadership role model for Andrew
- The mission of Earth2Mars
- The changing face of leadership in change
- The role of inclusion in successful change
- How technology is changing the change space
- The power of vulnerability in leadership
- Embracing not replacing!
- Embracing resistance and uncertainty
- Contextualising the meaning of change
- Real talk!
- Psychological safety in successful change
- Human Centred Design approaches
- Elevating Change Management to Change Leadership
- The power of collaboration and design thinking
- How Human Centred Design and technology can accelerate the change process
- Why NOW is the most exciting time to be in the change space
Andrew mentioned a number of resources here:-
Documentary (Netflix) The Edge of all we Know
Earth2Mars courses (Public and in house)
Connect with Andrew on LinkedIn
Connect with Hyugo on LinkedIn
The Earth2Mars Space for Change group on LinkedIn
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 10 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would to contribute to our mission, however small, please head to https://ko-fi.com/brainsmart to donate – thank you!