Today I bring you an engaging conversation (pardon the pun) with Peter Voskuilen, on the topic of engagement.
Our conversation starts with an interesting story about how Peter came to join Rentokil-Initial, the company with which he’s IT Pacific Director and continues on with Pete sharing some golden nuggets on the topic of and his passion with – engagement.
Some of the things we covered include:-
- How to answer the same interview question and get 2 polar opposite responses
- Key elements of engagement
- Why involvement in strategy is key
- How to use intrinsic motivation to increase productivity, engagement and quality outcomes
- Why soft skills can trump hard skills in selection and retaining great people
- Maintaining engagement in times of disruption and with hybrid and working from home models
- The magic of coffee roulette!
- The importance of informal connection in the workplace
- How to attract talent when you’re not the sexiest of businesses!
Enjoy the podcast!
You can connect with Peter on LinkedIn here and he’s more than keen to engage with you!