Today I bring you a lively conversation with Stephanie Christopher CEO of The Executive Connection, a dedicated community of business leaders sharing diverse thinking with a trusted circle of advocates, and an organisation I speak for.
Our conversation begins with a question I’ve never asked my previous podcast guests and takes on a journey of Stephanie’s carer and her passion for leading the next generation.
An early turning point for Stephanie came as her father suggested she would make a good PA and her mother retorted that she would make a better boss! Stephanie shares how she, like many of us, was ‘a product of the times’ – she then goes on to share how she changed that trajectory.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
- How we are influenced by stereotypes
- Why you can’t be a ‘one man band’ as a leader
- What’s your lens of talent through the whole organisation?
- The advent of ‘choose your own career pathways
- Why you need to slow down to speed up
- The best question to ask a person starting on their first day of a new job!
- Acknowledge your bias when it comes to leading intergenerational teams – look in the mirror
- Be open to not having all the answers – experience can count for much…or it can count for nothing
The Executive Connection website
TEC Live Podcast
Stephanie on LinkedIn