Today I bring you a lively conversation with Stephanie Christopher CEO of The Executive Connection, a dedicated community of business leaders sharing diverse thinking with a trusted circle of advocates, and an organisation I speak for.
Our conversation begins with a question I’ve never asked my previous podcast guests and takes on a journey of Stephanie’s carer and her passion for leading the next generation.
An early turning point for Stephanie came as her father suggested she would make a good PA and her mother retorted that she would make a better boss! Stephanie shares how she, like many of us, was ‘a product of the times’ – she then goes on to share how she changed that trajectory.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
- How we are influenced by stereotypes
- Why you can’t be a ‘one man band’ as a leader
- What’s your lens of talent through the whole organisation?
- The advent of ‘choose your own career pathways
- Why you need to slow down to speed up
- The best question to ask a person starting on their first day of a new job!
- Acknowledge your bias when it comes to leading intergenerational teams – look in the mirror
- Be open to not having all the answers – experience can count for much…or it can count for nothing
The Executive Connection website
TEC Live Podcast
Stephanie on LinkedIn
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would to contribute to our mission, however small, please head to https://ko-fi.com/brainsmart to donate – thank you!