Today I bring you a real conversation with Stella Collins, learning expert and co-founder of Stellar Labs. I say real conversation because this is probably the most conversational podcast I’ve engaged in.
Stella has an insatiable curiosity – for everything! It has shaped both her career and life and continues to be a guiding skill in her decisions and directions.
Our conversation begins with Stella sharing how curiosity took her into the world of IT and later training – a function she really didn’t want! She also shares how and why, in her opinion, curiosity is a key leadership trait.
Here are some of the nuggets I gleaned from our conversation.
Enjoy the podcast!
- How curiosity led Stella to work in IT and subsequently training
- The lure of the Pirate ship!
- The essential role of curiosity in learning
- How to facilitate curiosity in a learner
- The new discovery of the link between curiosity and fear in the brain
- Turning curiosity into a passion
- Creating a learning culture in organisations – what it takes
- Why curiosity is a key leadership trait
- The pharmaceutical company that runs and annual curiosity month!
- Developing your sense of adventure and Stella’s globetrotting experiences
- The power of ‘I wonder’
Stella is co-founder and Chief Learning Officer of Stellar Labs
Stella is a prolific tweeter – connect with her here on Twitter and LinkedIn
Stella’s book, Neuroscience for Learning & Development 2nd Edition can be purchased here and all leading book suppliers.
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 6 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential so if you enjoy the podcast, please head over to Apple podcasts and give us a rating and review – thank you!
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you!