Today I bring you a you a conversation focused on Intentional Leadership – with Gunnar Habitz, Senior Partner & Alliance Manager Asia Pacific at Hootsuite and eternal creative entrepreneur.
Gunnar is a great storyteller and kicks off our conversation sharing how he made the decision to come to Australia from Switzerland and his deliberate move to engage in formal leadership training with the Australian Institute of Management and now as a Chartered Manager through the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
If you are developing yourself or others on the journey from accidental manager into intentional leader, then you’ll find this conversation jam packed with nuggets of learning and roadmaps for decision-making. Here are some of the nuggets of learning I gleaned during our conversation.
- How Sydney moved from number 8 to top of the list for a new life
- The ‘giver’s gained’ mentality of relationship building
- The challenges and triumphs of leading a multicultural, virtual team
- ‘You manage tools and lead people’
- The balance between direction leadership and enabling leadership
- Understanding your people’s WHY
- Bringing outsourced functions into the tribe
- The consequences of promoting experts to leaders without coaching and development and how to do it differently.
The 7 ‘I’s of Intentional Leadership:-
From Laid off to Paid off – what would you tell your younger self? From the book ‘Lessons I learnt’
Remember – people don’t get made redundant – roles do.
The ROADMAP for career change and decision-making:
- Deep dive
- Paid work
You can connect with Gunnar here on LinkedIn