Today I bring you an inspiring conversation with Daniel Flynn, co-founder of Thankyou, a for profit social enterprise selling consumer products* where 100% of profits go to funding projects globally that are aimed at ending extreme poverty and owned 100% by a Charitable Trust.
The topic for today’s conversation is ‘Leading with Purpose’ and Daniel shares his story from the very first moment he knew that he needed to do something big and that nothing would stop him or his co-founders (best mate and girlfriend now wife).
What I love about this conversation is that we dive deep from the outset and Daniel’s willingness to share so openly makes for an experience that epitomises the essence of rawthenticity.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation:-
- Great journeys begin with a moment; the moment that started a movement
- The irony of water consumption and Thankyou’s first product
- What stops us from taking action to make the unseen seen
- The phenomenon of cause fatigue
- The rollercoaster journeys of Thankyou as highlighted in Daniels’ book ‘Chapter One’ (see links in comments to purchase)
- When the going gets tough and you feel like quitting
- The significance of mentors
- Daniel’s journey to discover his purpose – peeling back the onion layers (key questions to reflect on)
- The power of silence to reveal our purpose
- Is my ladder up against the right wall?
- A profound definition of leadership
- The gift of a youthful, childlike mindset
- Blue sky days
- Being ruthlessly open and transparent
- A definition of integrity
- The 5 core values that drive Thankyou’s culture
- Daniel’s experience of being interviewed by Barack Obama (see link in comments)
- Practical and precious advice for those struggling with their purpose
- The power of ‘what if?’
- The strength of the Thankyou tribe of supporters and Thankyou’s bold and cheeky supermarket campaign
#leadingwithpurpose #purpose #socialenterprise #perserverence #resilience #inspiration #rawthenticity #podcast
*I’ve been buying Thankyou’s product for years; they are great quality and highly affordable -available in a supermarket near you!
Thankyou’s website is here
You can purchase Daniel’s book ‘Chapter One’ here
Thankyou’s YouTube channel (where you can watch their infamous Coles and Woolworths campaign!) is here
Daniel being interviewed by Barack Obama – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp8kFwptFM
A great blog on how to create your values – https://thankyou.co/blog/2019/11/what-are-your-values
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 6 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you!