Today I bring you probably the most rawthentic conversation I’ve had the honour to be a part of since the podcast began. Our topic is ‘Leading with your Truth’ and my guest Steven Crane shares the sometimes brutal reality of life that takes every ounce of self-leadership to get through to the other side and thrive.
Though raw and at times confronting, this conversation is filled with hope and optimism for a brighter future for all who want it and are prepared to work for it.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets gleaned from our conversation though I would urge you to listen first:-
- The drivers behind Steven’s decision to join the US Marine Corps
- Realisations from time spent in one of the toughest military disciplines
- How a lateral move request changed Steven’s life and career trajectory
- What you truly care about when you hit rock bottom and find yourself homeless
- When you’re achieving everything and still feeling like a failure
- The life-saving power of reframing
- Embracing the truth and waking up to yourself
- Using education to turn things around
- The metaphor of the box and the bogey man
- How Steven uses his time now to help others and himself
- Steven’s book and its great working title
- What the future holds for Steven and his message for anyone looking to lead with their truth
If anything in this podcast episode has triggered your need for help, please reach out to the many and various organisations in your country
You can connect directly with Steven on LinkedIn here and his email address is steven at stevencrane.com
You can learn more about Steven’s journey here
Rawthentic Leadership has been ranked number 6 in Australia’s top 25 Leadership Podcasts https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_leadership_podcasts/
We are on a mission to get the message out to the business community about those 21st Century leadership skills that engage, inspire, motivate and develop people to be their very best and achieve their potential.
If you would like to contribute to our mission, however small, please donate here – thank you!