We work with leaders to develop their emotional intelligence, facilitate sustainable change, build exceptional self-leadership and inspire others to perform at their best
Our leadership programs focus on building those skills, attributes and characteristics of 21st Century leadership that are often overlooked, yet from multiple studies and white papers are what employees are looking for in their leaders.
Each of our leadership based programs can be developed for differing levels of leaders – the emerging leader, the accidental leader, the established leader and those who want to build their skills of self-leadership.
We use a number of psychometric profiling tools to help leaders develop their emotional intelligence and leadership capability.
BrainSmart Development Programs
Building Leadership Capacity for the 21st Century
Why this is important
The traditional view and role of leadership is changing as businesses strive to adapt to today’s business environment. Technological and social changes are disrupting successful business models and creating faster paced change and greater complexity. Leaders are being challenged to find better ways of leading themselves and others in a volatile, ambiguous and uncertain world.
The BrainSmart Leadership Academy is an extensive development program with an emphasis and focus on personal leadership, self-awareness, effectiveness and the ability to inspire others.
Each of the 6 modules builds on the next with work-based projects between modules to embed learning. It integrates the use of personal leadership assessment tools based on the principles of neuroscience to facilitate deeper self-awareness and development of those leadership traits, attributes and behaviours required to thrive in the 21st Century.
Module 1 – Introduction and 360 degree leadership assessment
Module 2 – The High Performing Leader
Module 3 – The Collaborative Leader
Module 4 – The Innovative Leader
Module 5 – The Agile Leader
Module 6 – The Resilient Leader
- Build self-awareness through a leading leadership profiling tool
- Master self-leadership through emotional intelligence and social intelligence
- Understand the changing face of leadership and what it means for leading in uncertain times
- Discover why building trust and psychological safety are critical elements of leadership
- Explore how collaboration yields greater outcomes
- Uncover the attributes of the leader’s brain for effective emotion-regulation, decision-making and engagement
- Build skills in facilitating and communicating sustainable change
Building Self-awareness, Emotional Agility and Personal Resilience to Engage Others Effectively
Why it is important
Our emotions motivate us to think, believe and act. They influence our decisions, behaviours and habits and how we interact with the people around us. They also influence how others see us and how we see other people. By developing our Emotional Intelligence, we are better able to build, maintain and enhance our relationships with others.
We can improve our Emotional Intelligence by learning a set of specific skills to develop our self-awareness and improve our self-management to better manage our stress, make more effective decisions and build our personal resilience. We can also learn practical skills to work more effectively with others.
On a daily basis, we are provided with many opportunities at work and at home to have our emotional hot buttons pressed. Neuroscience is now helping us understand how these emotional triggers work and is also offering us ways to manage these more productively.
In our Emotional Intelligence workshops, we start by explaining the science behind EI and help people gain a baseline understanding of what constitutes productive and unproductive emotions. We integrate insights from Neuroscience to help participants become more conscious of their stressors and emotional triggers and equip them with practical tools and strategies to demonstrate more productive and helpful emotions in the real-life situations they face.
Our EI workshops are designed to help:
- Develop increased levels of self-awareness
- Build an understanding of how emotions impact the results we get
- Enhance our ability to observe emotions in ourselves and others
- Choose our emotions intelligently to align more effectively with the situation we face
- Apply effective self-management tools and strategies
- Build our capacity to be more present, genuine and effective with others
Workshops can be customised to meet your organisation’s specific needs and supported by follow-up one-on-one coaching if required. Please contact us for more information.
Assessing Emotional Intelligence using Genos Feedback
Developing our EI is most effectively achieved through understanding our strengths and opportunities for development. We use the Genos Emotional Intelligence assessment tool to provide workshop participants with this feedback and support them in developing a set of core emotional intelligence skills. The Genos assessment focuses on 6 core competencies – Self-Awareness, Awareness of Others, Authenticity, Emotional Reasoning, Self-Management and Positive Influence. There are 7 behaviours contributing to each competence and feedback is provided on each of these.
There are a number of Assessment Report options – self-assessment, a 180o EI Report and a 360o Report. There is also a Sales Leader report for people involved in sales and customer relations roles.
The Genos Assessments enable greater self-awareness and build the capacity to be more conscious of when our emotions might be aligning or misaligning with the task at hand. With this information, we can choose how to manage our behaviour and how we ‘show up’ to interact more effectively with the people around us.
Building Change Agility and Capability, Minimising Change Resistance
Why this is important
Neuroscience provides us with evidence and insights into human behaviour and we know that all change has a human impact. It’s in our biology to be wary of change and this is why up to 80% of change initiatives in business are not delivering the desired results (McKinsey & Company).
If we can lead and navigate change with an understanding of how humans respond and how the brain works, we can make significant advances into the success of change initiatives.
The reality today is that many leaders are often unconsciously creating stressful workplace environments which can limit effective thinking, demotivate people and leave them depleted and disengaged.
Leading BrainSmart Change explores the nature of change from our earliest days, how our brains respond to change and how we can use knowledge of our biology and neurology to create change environments where people feel safe to apply new ways of working.
We address change resistance and how best to work with it, explore the predictable dynamics of change and the do’s and don’ts of communicating change effectively.
- Learn to design and lead change by focusing on 3 key elements of Process, People and ongoing Performance to build change agility
- Maximise people’s performance by helping them maintain perspective and manage their emotions to create the best environment for thinking effectively and making decisions
- Learn how to make change smarter and more sustainable
- Manage people’s reactions and minimise resistance to change
- Build a culture where people are able to navigate change and thrive
- Explore how our brain equips us for survival and where change resistance comes from
- Discover how to manage the brain’s scarce resources to focus attention and build productive habits to achieve ongoing results
"Understanding how the brain functions (BrainSmart) was fascinating and has helped me to be more aware of and understand my team's reaction to change. I hope to be able to manage change and their reaction better going forward"